3/17/2006

Oh God, Oh God

Over break my dad and I flew to Washington DC for 24 hours exactly so that I could take another step toward US citizenship. It was exciting to make an escape like that, and I was really looking forward to something different and exciting at the end of the week. I really loved going there. It is a good city and whoever does live in DC, has something very special there. I have made quite a quantity of friends here in Ann Arbor that actually live in DC, like Gabby and Mariel

Image hosting by Photobucket

but for some reason, I didn't see any of them.
So instead I went to the Smithsonian and Capitol Hill and looked at the things I haven't seen before. Like the Library of Congress,
Image hosting by Photobucket

The Supreme Court

Image hosting by Photobucket

The Capitol

Image hosting by Photobucket

and the National Archives, where the Declaration of Independence and the Magna Carta were displayed.
Then, I was lucky to meet up with my friend Alex Wiltchko, who actually lives in Texas but was in DC at the same time as I was. Funny.
Image hosting by Photobucket

We went to some museums and saw some nice things.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is a welcome image from my childhood:

Image hosting by Photobucket

The trip was fun and very welcome, but sure enough, we scrambled out of bed at 6 am and flew home to Cincinnati, and then I drove up to Ann Arbor and many things had somehow changed in just one week.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Oh, and here is a shot from around the corner of my dorm.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I have a good amount of photos to show you recently, so look out for those. Including the Books concert I saw on campus the other night.

Kostya